Most people who have fibromyalgia share a common complaint: difficulty getting a restful night of sleep. Fibromyalgia sufferers can wake up in the morning, and no matter how much they’ve slept, they may not feel at all refreshed. There are several things you can try in order to improve the quality of your sleep, which will hopefully help you to manage your condition a little better.
- Do your best to maintain a regular sleep schedule. This means going to bed and waking up at the same time each day, even on the weekends. A regular sleep cycle can help to strengthen your body’s natural circadian rhythm.
- Regular exercise, such as taking a walk each day, can promote better quality of sleep.
- Avoiding foods and drinks with caffeine in the evening can help with sleep. Be wary of things like soda and chocolate, as these things contain caffeine and could contribute to feeling awake when it’s time for bed.
- Keep your bedroom nice and cool. A sleep environment that is too warm can interfere with your rest.
- Give yourself a technology break in the hour or so before bedtime. The light from your television, cell phone, or tablet can disturb your body’s natural process of readying itself for sleep.
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and fibromyalgia download our complimentary e-book Simple and Extremely Effective Ways to End Fibromyalgia Symptoms without Drugs by clicking the image below
Natural Fibromyalgia Relief
As you might know, sleep troubles are only one component of fibromyalgia. Usually, the widespread pain is the number one concern for fibromyalgia sufferers, and the lack of quality sleep just amplifies this problem. Many people with fibromyalgia are finding natural and lasting relief with upper cervical chiropractic care, which is a specialty within the greater chiropractic profession. We focus on how the uppermost vertebrae in your spine are aligned, and how those specific misalignments can be hindering normal brain-body communication over the nervous system. If these misalignments affect pain signaling, it could be the root cause of a person’s fibromyalgia symptoms.
Upper cervical chiropractic care is a gentle and effective way of restoring your body’s ability to function and heal. By removing the interference to the brain-body communication system, people are able to heal from their condition naturally, without the need for long-term medication use or therapies.
To schedule a consultation call (808) 638-1313 or simply click the button below.
[aio_button align=”center” animation=”bounce” color=”red” size=”medium” icon=”none” text=”Schedule an Appointment” relationship=”dofollow” url=”http://info.uppercervicalhawaii.com/honolulu-chiropractor-consultation/”]
if you are outside of the local area you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com.